- Literature Watch for April 2013 with 33 new papers
- LLLT Training courses:
- USA: Atlanta, New York, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Tampa, Dallas, Las Vegas, Miami, Atlanta, New Orleans
- CANADA: Toronto, Edmonton, Vancouver
- UK: Portsmouth, Leeds, Bristol, London, Derby, Ware, Maidstone, Southampton, Manchester, Edinburgh, London
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Australia: Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney
- Conferences: Belgium, Lithuania, Italy and USA
- The Bottom Line - Convince, confuse or corrupt
Literature Watch for April 2013 with 33 new papers
33 new LLLT papers for you this month including: a review of 21 papers on muscle performance, fatigue and repair, a controlled multicenter trial on male pattern baldness, another trial on oral mucositis and how about this, 810nm laser ameliorates diabetes!
|The 33 subjects are as follows:|
Muscle performance, fatigue & repair
Male pattern baldness
Herpes labialis literature review
Diabetes in mice
Oral lichen planus
Distraction osteogenesis review
Tiina Karu "LLLT As a Drug Equivalent"
Neck Pain Systematic review
LED after Laser Resurfacing
Recurrent apthous ulcer.
Chronic tendon injuries.
Blood status and microcirculation
Carpal tunnel syndrome
Osteopenic bone with titanium implant
Dermal abrasion in mice
Oral cancer cells
Inhibition of Fibroblast Proliferation
Human Endothelial Cells
Third-degree burns in rats
Crush Injury in Rat Sciatic Nerve
Bone Cell Proliferation
THOR Training dates and cities:
We study LLLT relentlessly (had you noticed?). We use our this knowledge to develop our training, treatments and products. Come see what we have learned since your last training. Now available with Continuing Medical/Dental Education credits.
- What is the difference between the anti-inflammatory effects of LLLT, the healing and the analgesic mechanisms?
- Have you thought about treating lymphatics?
- Are you de-activating trigger points (and how does that work!) ?
- How much LLLT is enough, how much is too much ?
- Joules or J/cm2 - which is the right way to express dose and how is it calculated?
- Lasers or LEDs, red or infrared wavelengths, high or low power density, pulsed or continuous ?
- Treatment times and treatment intervals and when to expect a result.
- Safety, contraindications, adverse effects, regulations and reimbursement
It seems like a lot to learn in one day but we use videos, cartoons and a 50 page illustrated book to help you so very little note-taking is required. A certificate of attendance is provided.
Discounts for groups, repeat attendees and early registration.
|Sat, 1 June 2013
|Sat, 8 Jun 2013
|Sun, 9 Jun 2013
||New York NY
|Tues, 18 Jun 2013
|Sat, 13 July 2013
|Fri, 9 Aug 2013
|Sat, 10 Aug 2013
|Sat, 17 Aug 2013
|Sun, 18 Aug 2013
|Mon, 19 Aug 2013
|Sat, 31 Aug 2013
|Sun, 1 Sept 2013
|Sat, 7 Sept 2013
|Sun, 8 Sept 2013
|Mon, 9 Sept 2013
|Sat, 28 Sept 2013
|Sun, 29 Sept 2013
||San Francisco CA
|Mon, 30 Sept 2013
||Los Angeles CA
|Sat, 19 Oct 2013
|Sun, 20 Oct 2013
|Sat, 26 Oct 2013
||New York NY
|Sun, 27 Oct 2013
|Mon, 28 Oct 2013
|Sat, 16 Nov 2013
|Sun, 17 Nov 2013
|Mon, 18 Nov 2013
||Las Vegas NV
|Sat, 30 Nov 2013
|Sun, 1 Dec 2013
|Sat, 7 Dec 2013
|Sun, 8 Dec 2013
|Mon, 9 Dec 2013
||New Orleans LA
|Sun, 15 Dec 2013
|2013 July 11-12
||World Federation for Lasers Dentistry (WFLD) 2013
|2013 Sept 19-21
||IPTA-5 Light for diagnosis and treatment
|2013 November 9-10
||Laser Florence 2013
|2014 February 1-6
||BiOS - SPIE Photonics West 2014
||San Francisco, CA
|2014 April 2-6
||2014 ASLMS Annual Conference
|2014 June 14-18
||American society for Photobiology
||San Diego, CA
The Bottom Line - Convince if possible, confuse if necessary, and corrupt if nothing else works, is THOR complicit?
BMJ Last Saturday Anita Jain wrote "Gold jewellery, cars or an exotic foreign holiday, these are among the luxury gifts listed in a parliamentary committee report as being used by pharmaceutical companies to coax doctors into prescribing their drugs". She goes on to describe the "3C strategy" employed by drug companies. "convince if possible, confuse if necessary, and corrupt if nothing else works". Many (she says) will say an emphatic no to luxury gifts, but what about discounts, conference fees, hotels and flights?
Since we have been working with more doctors these days (rather than therapists) I am being approached with requests for hotel and flight costs and I confess I have conceded.
Why does this happen?
a) Because this is the world they live in (i.e. it is normal to have industry pay)
b) Academic and educational budgets are tight and industry has more money than it knows what to do with (they think).
So what should I do ?
I have conceded a few times, but not with any enthusiasm as we are not yet making $ billions and my conscience wrestles with it too. I do not want to be guilty of behaving like bad pharma but then again I want our product to be accepted by mainstream medicine, so what should I do?
click here to comment